Taking computer courses online can provide you with a wide range of choices and career satisfaction on many different levels. Here are some key benefits of an IT career:
– A Positive Impact: Online computer science courses can put you in a position to get involved in projects with more personal goals. Skilled computer experts are absolutely critical to medical research, environmental studies, human genome research and a variety of other projects for the good of mankind.
– Exciting Assignments: Even if you choose to stay in the commercial arena, the knowledge you gain from online computer programming courses can put you in a very satisfying job. From working on a startup in California’s Silicon Valley to doing complex computer graphics for movies or new applications for cutting-edge investors, your IT skills can get you started towards specializing in a number of very stimulating areas.
– Teamwork: While some people take online computer programming courses with an expectation that they’ll sit at a desk writing code alone, the truth is that most computing jobs involve a lot of teamwork. In fact, team leadership is a key skill required to advance to most senior positions in technology.
– Being Well-Rounded: Increasingly, employers and schools view the completion of online computer science courses as a sign that a person is well-rounded, and focused on real career objectives.
– Flexibility: Because of the tremendous need for IT professionals, you’re likely to be able to find a position that fits your lifestyle. While computer pros in very entrepreneurial companies can be workaholics, there are also plenty of tech jobs that give you time to have a family life or pursue other interests outside of work.
– Critical thinking: Online computer education can teach you more than coding or site design skills. It can help you learn how to solve lots of complex problems – a capability that can help move you into all sorts of different career categories.
– High Pay / High Satisfaction: People who take computer courses online report some of the highest pay and highest job satisfaction in the professional world.
– More Jobs: While many American jobs are being sent offshore, the number of information technology jobs is growing in the U.S. every year. According to the Association for Computing Machinery, computing actually has the highest potential for new job growth of any career category for the next 5 – 8 years.
– The Joys of Unpredictability: Computing is an area where there’s so much change, you just never know where you’ll wind up. But because there are so many new applications coming up all the time, you can always count on your career providing opportunities for adventure.